Who will do the Fan Dance? The GORE-TEX Experience Tour Team is announced!
A Latvian Laboratory Assistant, a Scottish Dog Trainer and a British Pilot are amongst the lucky people to have won a place on The GORE-TEX Experience Tour Fan Dance Challenge. As the competition entry level was so high, the number of team members has been increased from 7 to 10 to allow as many people as possible the chance to tackle this infamous route.
Six men and 4 women, aged between 22 and 46 will make up the first team to attempt to complete the Fan Dance route set in the Brecon Beacons, in South Wales, later this year. The Fan Dance is a true test of mind and body, so the team has been carefully selected to ensure that the members have similar fitness levels and demonstrate the right combination of experience, passion and dedication.
The 10 team members are:
- Jaroslav Matvejevs, a 22 year old lab assistant from Latvia;
- Lindsay Cloughley, a 29 year old dog trainer from the UK;
- Clive Länge, a 46 year old Geotechnical Engineer from the UK;
- Rachel Kerr a 28 year old Ski Instructor and clothing sales person based in France;
- Sarah Williams a 24 year old Quantity Surveyor from the UK;
- Stephen Smith a 26 year old pilot from the UK;
- James Clay a 34 year old fundraiser from the UK;
- Barry Griffin a 29 year old Legal Assistant from the UK;
- Carolyne Sanders a self-employed 43 year old from the UK;
- Brendon Roberts a 34 year old South African born Town Planner based in the UK.
Set in the heart of the Brecon Beacons in South Wales, the 23.5km route reaches a maximum elevation of 886 m at the peak of Pen y Fan and our team are aiming to complete it – just like British Special Forces recruits – in just 4 hours.
To ensure that they are prepared for the challenge ahead, British Military Fitness instructors have put together a special fitness training plan that the team will follow over the next six weeks. To give them the very best chance of completing the challenge, our team will also be kitted out in the latest GORE-TEX garments from Berghaus. The weather in the Welsh hills can change very quickly, but with GORE-TEX Active Shell products the team will be able to continue whatever the weather thanks to its ultra-breathable, lightweight 100% waterproof protection.
Now, let the training begin!